The Microlending Operations Support and CDFI Lending Capital Matching Funds Grant Program shall be issued to established certified community development financial institutions, community development corporations, and SBA microlenders making direct small business loans to borrowers on a regional basis, and/or providing technical assistance to applicants and borrowers in order to foster business establishment and success; provided that the funds shall be used to support the eligible organization’s lending and technical assistance activities. All lending and technical assistance under this grant program must be provided to Massachusetts-based businesses only.
- Applicants must provide direct services to small business clients of whom a minimum of 75% from predominantly socially and economically disadvantaged and historically underrepresented groups or underserved markets-
- Gateway Cities
- Rural communities
- Low-moderate income
- Non-native English speaking
- CDFI lending capital awards require a 50% organization match. Organization most show proof of match at hand by providing bank statement(s) reflecting required matching funds within 6 months of award in order to receive lending capital awarded funds. If an awardee is not able to secure funding match within 6 months, the awarded amount must be recaptured by MGCC.
- Proposals offering multilingual services are highly desirable.
Applications will be accepted beginning April 1, 2022 until April 29, 2022 via Submittable. A completed application and supplemental information will be required to be uploaded and submitted. Incomplete and late applications will not be accepted.
Applications will be reviewed for responsiveness, track record and historical impact, projected grant impact, and consistency with Administration funding priorities. As needed, MGCC will gather a team of independent reviewers to review pending applications and develop recommendations for funding. Final decisions will be rendered by MGCC. Overall program funding decisions are at the discretion of the Secretary of Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development and are not subject to challenge or appeal.
- Matching funds bank statements and/or commitment letters
- Organization’s latest Annual CDFI Fund Certification Report (CDFIs) or MACDC Small Business T.A. & Lending Survey Submission (CDCs)
- Most recent Audited Financial Statement or Review
- Current year-to-date organizational Financial Statement: Income & Expense/Balance Sheet
- Copy of underwriting Policy
- Copy of loan application
- 2021 Certificate of Good Standing from the Secretary of the Commonwealth
- U.S. IRS Tax Exempt Certification/ Determination Letter
Applicants that are approved for funding will be notified in writing of the approval, with instructions for demonstrating readiness and any other required submissions, as determined by MGCC. All awards are contingent upon the execution of a binding funding agreement between MGCC and the applicant. Awards may be subject to conditions as set out in the award notification letter. Grant contracts will only be issued for projects that successfully meet all requirements set out as a condition of the award. Any project that receives an award but does not meet the requirements by a specified date will lose its funding commitment for that year and may be penalized during future funding rounds.
Learn more about this grant opportunity and apply through MGCC's online application portal, powered by Submittable: